The See-Through Blindfold

Ignorance is bliss?

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Phew...Thing #23-Summarize your thoughts

What a weight off my shoulders!! I was almost tempted to quit. It was difficult after 7 month old twins, cooking, cleaning, washing, and feeding. Then getting up every three hours to feed at night?! I've been run on four hours of sleep. I need a vacation from my summer vacation. As you can tell I did not quit. The more I kept moving from one thing to another, the more interested I got. EVERYONE NEEDS A PAT ON THE BACK...so pat pat pat.


What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey? My favorite discoveries are Things:5-Flickr, 8-RSS Feeds, 10-Online image generator, 13-tagging and Del.icio.us. I'm a kid at heart and enjoy playing around with things.

How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?
This has totally changed the way I thought online training was supposed to be. I figured it was all sit and watch a video. But, believe it or not this was definitely hands-on.


Were there any take-a-ways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you? When I first heard about 23 things, I figured it would take me about a week to go through it all. Unfortunately, I did not have the time and it took me the whole summer. It was worth it though, because I am more technologically empowered now. I am able to go show off knowledge to my non-blogging friends. How cool!

What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept? The only improvement that I would suggest would be to have the links work through SBISD's firewall. Oh, and for future reference, I think that the required hours were good for the summer. However, this many hours during the school year would be too hectic.

If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you choose to participate? I would definitely be interested in another discovery program. This was a one of a kind experience for me.

How would you describe your learning experience in ONE WORD or in ONE SENTENCE, so we could use your words to promote 23 Things learning activities? Technicredible!!

THA THA THAT'S ALL FOLKS!
BLOG YOU LATER!


3 Comments:

  • At July 27, 2008 at 4:25 PM , Blogger VWB said...

    Congratulations on not giving up! ...especially with the "double" extra challenge you had!

    problem thru the firewall? this program was designed for home where firewall should not be a problem. did you go up to school for part of it? or were you using your district laptop with VPN turned on? You do not have to have vPN on to use it....jsut go thru your own service?

     
  • At July 28, 2008 at 6:21 AM , Blogger Mamalibearian said...

    woohoo! You're done! I hope this was worth your time and I really hope you learned some things that you will use. Congratulations!

     
  • At July 30, 2008 at 10:19 AM , Blogger the changing brain said...

    Congratulations on finishing! I've learned about a lot of resources from the comments on your blog. Thanks for sharing your learning with the blogoshpere!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home