The See-Through Blindfold

Ignorance is bliss?

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Thing #11- LibraryThing

I've been out of town so I'm just getting back online...
I like the LibraryThing. I'm just not an avid reader like before. Now I have 7mo old twins that keep me pretty busy. They keep me so busy that half the time I have 'momnesia'. The task for today involved adding a least five titles...WELL, I couldn't even remember the books I had read. Anyway, back to the purpose for typing this blog: Librarything is very helpful to teachers. It would provide a guide insight to the books that could be read during the lesson. It would also allow for teachers to expand on their professional reading.

2 Comments:

  • At July 14, 2008 at 6:55 AM , Blogger Mamalibearian said...

    You could make a "list" of books you've read to your kids in your classroom. Then next year when you are teaching the same topic, you wouldn't have to go searching for the book titles. Or when a student wants one of the books you've read, but can't remember the title, there it is! I can see all sorts of "teacher-y" uses for this! Keep plugging along!

     
  • At July 19, 2008 at 3:36 AM , Blogger mickeymaniac said...

    I liked your comment about books to be used during a lesson. I also found that I could begin to catalog my own classroom library so that when I go to expand it, I can make sure that I use my resources wisely. Just a suggestion!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home